Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Global Climate Change?
ULWR? Choose a topic!
FINDING A TOPIC
Step 1: Skim a book's "Table of Contents" and index for a topic overview.
Step 2: Get a feel for what is hot right now! Look at websites of organizations, departments, or government entities involved in this area. Search for relevant news articles and sources.
Step 3: Jot down some topics. Look at recent journal articles. Eliminate any topics which have been done to death.
Click here for more tips and resources on scholarly writing
||Clean Air Act
||Clean Water Act
||Environmental Protection Agency
||Energy Policy Act
||Endangered Species Act
National Environmental Policy Act
||National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
||Prevention of Significant Deterioration
Legislation and Cases
ACTS & RULES
- Clean Air Act
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Clean Water Act
- National Climate Program Act
- Global Change Research Act of 1990
- Energy Policy Act (EPAct of 1992, 2005)
- Energy Policy and Conservation Act
- Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Rules
SELECT CASE LAW
- Massachusetts v. EPA 549 U.S. 497, 127 S.Ct. 1436 (2007)
- American Elec. Co Inc. v. Connecticut, 582 F.3d 309 (2d Cir. 2009), cert. granted by American Elec. Co. Inc. v. Connecticut, 131 S. Ct. 813 (2010)
- Comer v. Murphy Oil, 585 F.3d 855 (5th Cir. 2009)
- Friends of the Earth, Inc. v. Mosbacher, 488 F.Supp.2d 889 (N.D. Cal. 2007)
- Central Valley Chrysler-Jeep, Inc. v. Goldstene, 529 F.Supp.2d 1151 (E.D. Cal. 2007)
- Center for Biological Diversity v. National Highway Traffic Safety Admin., 538 F.3d 1173 (9th Cir. 2008)
CALI offers a multitude of lessons on environmental law issues which have all been developed by law professors! See a law librarian for help accessing the website.